Monday, October 12, 2009

What it's all about......

I'm so doing this backwards! I should have introduced Simple Dimple Primitives in the first post on here! Friends of the blogging world suggested I introduce my shop and go from there.
So.....Simple Dimple Primitives is housed in a little red cottage that was built in the early 1950's to compliment the one room schoolhouse that sits across the road from our property. The cottage was used by the {3rd generation} farmers wife. She sold pies, jellies, jams and antique oil lamps. Odd combination of items to sell, but she also gave tours of the farm and told stories of the civil war to tourist coming to and from Gettysburg PA. Our home and cottage sit on the same property. Our home dates back to 1856. Simple Dimple Primitives does not have a website to sell items. Like the well known "brick & mortar" shops......we are "wood & wood"! We would love to have you come in and shop- get to know us!! Here's a little secret......Simple Dimple Primitives will be getting a "face lift" for 2010. The shop will be eliminating it's vintage collection and focus strictly on early antiques, reproductions and primitives. Our creator Jeanne Wagman will be designing primitive dolls, wool penny wheel table runners, dresses and holiday items just to name a few. We will continue to carry Ware Wear Jewelry by M.H. . Simple Dimple Primitives and "friends in the business" partner The Gardener of the Owl Valley will come together in 2010 to host events!
So....backing up to that "little secret", we will be having a huge sale before Simple Dimple Primitives goes into hibernation for the season. We will close our doors for winter the last weekend of November. The sale will start this Saturday October 17th and run until October 23rd. You may e-mail me for more information regarding the sale.
Lastly, I would like to thank my husband- Brent. Without him Simple Dimple Primitives would still be dancing in my head.....now I'm dancing inside of Simple Dimple! He believed in me, even at my worst. He's my business advocate, accountant, guide, teacher.......well, you get the picture. Many days when I felt like surrendering the cottage to my teens for a summer fun house.....yeah, what the heck was I THINKING!
Brent continued to encourage me to keep moving on with my dream. Love him!!
Many thanks go out to my good friends & family- LeeAnn, Jeanne,The "O sisters" {Patty & Sharon},Michele & Kathy. And my inspiration came from such blogs as Barn House, Queen of Tarte and Ms. Ember of The Painted Chair. Thanks Ember!! : )
Judy Bono -owner of The Gardener of the Owl Valley......thank you for coming with me on this ride!
And last.....to my dear "E".....you are such an inspiration to me. I love you.
Phew.....so, do I get the Oscar to go along with my thank you speech?!
Have a happy week!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment